Ten semifinalists have been chosen for the Classified Employee of the Year award.
The 10 were chosen from among 116 nominees. The award’s selection committee will interview the semifinalists before choosing four finalists in late April.
This is second year the award has been given. The first winner was Jimmy Wormack, the in-school-suspension teacher at Flat Rock Middle School.
The semifinalists are:
- Kathy Amrich, NC WISE data manager at Kernersville Elementary School
- Wendy Banks, teacher assistant at Winston Salem Prep Academy
- Mark Covington, lead custodian at Hill Middle School
- Jean Ford, teacher assistant at Cash Elementary School
- Karen Key, accounting supervisor at the Administrative Center
- Debbie McNeil, administrative assistant at the Administrative Center
- Marta Roman, teacher assistant at Griffith Elementary School
- Martin Saner, computer assistant at Lowrance Middle School
- Shederica Squire, lead custodian at Griffith Academy
- Pam White, lead secretary at Kimberly Park Elementary School