Name: Mrs. Jennifer Willard
Subjects: Art I-II, Honors Art III/IV
Class Rules: The rules explained in the student handbook will also apply to this class. This room should feel like a learning community and we need to treat each other, the room, and art materials with respect. As artists we will always be messy and we should be prepared to clean up.
1. Be on time
2. Be ready to work
3. Be respectful
4. Follow rules in student handbook
1. Verbal Reminder
3. Parent Contact
4. Referral to administration
Grades:Grades will given based on the following percentages.
Sketchbooks/Honors Concentrations: 30%
Final Exam: Worth 25% of final grade
- Students will be able to make up work missed in class when absent. This work will be completed outside of class. If a student is absent on the due date, the project must be turned in the next class the student attends or late points will be taken off.
- When projects are late ten points will be taken off the final grade one time.
- Students may redo projects to improve their grade. By doing this in may improve their letter grade up to ten points.
- Artwork/assignments due at the end or quarter check will not be taken after that date. This is usually a week before the quarter ends. These assignments are visual journals, concentrations and any missing assignments.
- Mid check Visual Journal entries will not be taken late. These assignments are for participation and are due on Fridays, dates/topics are provided (see calendar).
- An alternative assessment will be given in place of a final exam at the end of the semester. This project will be worth 25% of the overall grade. This assessment will be given prior to the final exam week and will be due on exam day.
Class Calendar: All due dates for assignments will be posted on Calendar page. Please check this page for information and updates.
Basic Class Needs: acrylic paint (Apple Barrel, any colors), glue sticks, white glue, hot glue sticks, masking tape, sharpies, colored pencils, markers, Kleenex, paper towels, gesso, artists canvas (any size), Citra-solv (orange de-greaser).
As you may know another mans trash is another mans treasure. I am looking for anything that we can recycle in the art room for projects. Such as: floral/craft wire, floral foam blocks, buttons, mechanical pieces (gears, springs, watch parts),magazines (National Geographic), wall paper samples, decorative paper/scrapbook paper, costume jewelry, beads, cloth measuring tape, hard back books, etc. Please call or email me with any questions you may have about donations.