North Forsyth NAF Academy Information
If you have questions or would like additional information about the North Forsyth NAF Academy, please visit their website at www.naf.org or contact North Forsyth at 336-661-4880
- What does NAF stand for?
- NAF stands for the National Academy Foundation.
- What does this have to do with North?
- North Forsyth will be the only NAF academy focused on Health Sciences and will open Fall of 2017.
- Who can apply and potentially become a part of the NAF academy at North?
- Students, specifically current 9th grade students and current 8th grade students, will be eligible to apply to the academy. Enrollment is not based on GPA.
- Why would I want to be a part of the NAF Academy at North?
- The NAF academy will be intertwined with North Forsyth's Health Science Magnet program. The specialized strands students in which students will have access include Health Sciences/Nursing, Biomedicine and Premedicine. At some point NAF might expand into the entire magnet as another option students have to choose from.
- The NAF students will have some specific opportunities such as integrated class options, specialized classes, dual enrollment, AP options, and certifications (CNA, OSHA, Healthcare Provider CPR, etc).
- The NAF certification is included if the student meets all the requirements for the Academy. NAF certification offers preferential interviews for students who apply for job openings with our business partners.
- Students in the NAF academy will also have access to industry related internships that many times will be a paid internship (yes--paid).
If you would like additional information about the North Forsyth NAF Academy, please visit their website at www.naf.org or contact North Forsyth at 336-661-4880