1. Students may NOT be exempt from final exams required by the NC Department of Public Instruction. These include:
2. Students may be exempted from a final exam in a one-unit of credit semester block course, a two-unit of credit year long block course, or a one-unit year long course
3. Students may be exempted from the final exam in half-unit semester courses
4. Students will be allowed up to three (3) absences due to
Students must provide a copy of the scholarship interview invitation and proof of attendance, documentation of family member’s death, or proof of attending required religious services in order for these absences not to be considered in determining eligibility for exam exemptions. Students may have a maximum of three (3) total absences for any or all of these occurrences, not three for each category.
Note: Absences accumulate from the beginning of the course until the end of the course. Examples:
· Fall Block – Absences count from August – January
· Year-Long Course - Absences count from August – June