From: Lisa and Greg Carter, PTSA Presidents
& Melissa and Pete Fisch, Booster Club Presidents
Welcome to the newest members of our RJ Reynolds community and welcome back to our returning families!! 2013-2014 promises to be another exciting year at RJ Reynolds High School! On January 15, 2013, our extraordinary institution turned 90 – how fortunate we are to be a part of such rich history and tradition, while also enjoying a dynamic and growing environment!
One important tradition that truly sets Reynolds apart is our tremendous parent involvement. Last year, you logged more than 13,000 amazing volunteer hours and raised a record-breaking $131,000 in our Legacy Campaign! That being said, we are not a community who is satisfied to rest on our laurels, so this year we need even more parents and families involved!
The North Carolina PTA mission is “to make every child's potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.” So exactly how do YOU make that happen?
- Join the PTSA!! Membership only costs $5 and is automatically included with your Legacy donation of $10 or more.
- Stay Informed by attending the many meetings and events offered by the PTSA and school including Freshman Orientation, Open House, Senior Night for Parents, Homecoming, the Registration Fair and PTSA meetings! Dates for all these events are included in the summer newsletter calendar and PTSA calendar on the website.
- Check out all the Volunteer Opportunities outlined in the summer newsletter and on the volunteer form. Sign-up today or turn in your form at Orientation, Open House, the main office or email to Jackie Miller ( email@example.com ) or Amy Colona ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) There really is something for everyone!
- Donate to the Legacy Campaign to ensure our teachers and students have the tools they need to succeed. No gift is too small…or of course, too large!
- Stay Connected by signing up for the PTSA e-newsletter, checking the RJR website often, following Pine Whispers online and our school’s various Twitter accounts. See the summer newsletter for details!
- Give us Your Ideas and suggestions! We want to hear from you – just email us at email@example.com .
All of our time, talent and treasures are equally important to the success of our school and our children. Some of us have one hour a month or less to give, others can volunteer ten hours a week. Some families can contribute $10, others $1,000 or more. Whether you bake cookies, tutor students, plant flowers, work in concessions, answer phones or donate money, your contributions are meaningful, significant and truly make a difference!
Thank you in advance for making 2013-2014 the best year in Reynolds’ history!