RJ Reynolds is a special school with an extraordinary 90-year history and a rich tradition encompassing academics, athletics, and the arts. Beginning in 2007, the RJR PTSA and Booster Club joined forces to crate an annual fundraiser called the Legacy Campaign. This Campaign offers parents, faculty, alumni, and community partners the opportunity to provide financial support critical to the continued excellence of programs at RJR. Thirty percent of the funds raised go directly to the Booster Club to support athletic teams, programs, and facilities. The remaining funds are distributed by the School Improvement Team (SIT) to meet requests from faculty and staff.
If you have any questions or need more information, please email Megan and Rick Erickson at RJRLegacy@gmail.com or stop by the Legacy Campaign table at Open House. Your gift makes a difference…. and every gift counts!
The 2012-2013 Legacy Campaign raised more than $130,000 for our school!
Listed below are a few examples of purchases that were made possible through these donations.
· New Uniforms
· Field Rental Fees – Field Hockey, LAX
· Bryson Gym – Refurbish Girls’ Locker Room
· Senior Blankets
· Field Maintenance – Bolton, Deaton-Thompson, Children’s Home, Hanes Park
· New Dugout – Softball
· New Referee Stand - Volleyball
· New Projector – RJR Auditorium
· TI-34 Calculators – Math & Science
· Whiteboards – Math, History & Science
· English Novel Sets
· New Software – Pine Whispers
· Media Center – Projector, Screens & TVs
· New Computers – Guidance & Administration
· Performance Uniforms – Chorus
· Fall/Spring Guest Artists
· Arts Magnet Program Support
· Marching Band – Drum Carriers
· 30 Digital Cameras – Photography
· Matt Gfeller Stage Performances
· Smart Music Software