Driver's Education at Walkertown High School
Students will be offered the class in the order of birth date. Students must be 14 1/2 the day the class starts.
Driver's Education is being handled by the North Carolina Driving School.
- Students will register online at www.ncdrivingschool.com or call 800-375-6550.
- Click here for Walkertown High School's classroom schedule.
- Classes will be held in Room 10 from 3:50 - 6:50.
- No after school transportation provided.
- Call 800-375-6550 if you have questions specific to the class.
- The cost for Driver's Education is $55. Students receiving free or reduced lunch are eligible for a fee waiver.
to find out more information about obtaining your driver's license.
Driver's Eligibility Certificate
To be eligible to receive a Driving Eligibility Certificate or to maintain a drivers license, a student must pass courses as follows:
- Students enrolled in four (4) courses must pass three (3) courses.
- Students enrolled in five (5) courses must pass four (4) courses.
- Students enrolled in six (6) or seven (7) courses must pass five (5) courses. -
In order to be issued a Driving Eligibility Certificate, parents should make an appointment to come to Ms. Bailey in the Student Services office and bring:
Parent signature is required on the Driving Eligibility Certificate, as well as a signature from the principal/designee and the official embossed school seal.
For additional information on driving eligibility, see Policy AR 5119 Section III.