"The tragedy of life doesn't lie in not reaching your goals, the tragedy lies in having no goals to reach." Dr. Benjamin Mays
Period 1 English II Regular
Period 3 English II Regular
Period 4 English II Regular
1. Students are to enter the classroom calmly and quietly and go immediately to their assigned seats. Keep your feet out of your neighbors bookrack. Do not talk to your neighbor, no matter how "hot" he or she might be!
2. Students are to be in their seats and prepared to work when the bell rings. If you are not in your seat with your materials when the bell rings, you are tardy. Be working on the assignment on the board as soon as the bell stops ringing.
3. Students are to show respect at all times toward themselves, others, and staff. This includes all verbal and non-verbal forms of communication including body language, facial expression and tone of voice.
4. Students are to be on task AT ALL TIMES and work to the best of their ability. This mean you are to work on whatever assignment is given with all of your concentration. If you are finished an assignment early, I will have several options for you. Dont talk to other students, no matter how hot he or she is!
5. There is absolutely no gum, food (except what I might bring for you), drink, candy, make-up, mirrors, ALL electronic devices, small animals, cigars, or any other toys. These will be confiscated immediately to be picked up after school. If the food is something I like, there may not be any left! Do not even give the appearance of chewing (especially with your mouth open!) or it will be deemed that you are doing so. Class time is for learning.
6. Students are to be prepared with all papers, pens, pencils, notebooks and any other materials required for class. Dont bother me about sharpening your pencil, needing paper, throwing out trash, etc., during class. Class time is for learning.
7. You are to raise your hand to get permission to speak. Raising your hand does NOT give you permission to speak; it just lets me know you want to speak. You are NEVER to leave your seat without first raising your hand and receiving permission.
8. If you need to use the restroom you may do so, but be sure to take one of your three hall passes with you, so you dont get busted! You must give me the hall pass when you return to class. Hall passes turned in at the end of the quarter can be turned in for 5 points extra credit each.
9. I do not argue with students. If you are asked to move your seat or given any other direction, you are to do it immediately and without comment or complaining. If you feel this, or any other direction is unreasonable you may arrange to discuss it with me, or arrange a parent conference, on your own time. Otherwise, follow all directions immediately and without complaining. No crying, whining, sniveling, howling, tearing of hair or gnashing of teeth!
10. When the bell rings, you are to remain in your seat until dismissed. You are responsible to clean any trash in your area whether it is yours or not. (If its a nasty used Kleenex, I will give you a glove. I dont like other peoples germs, either!) Keep all trash with you until the bell rings and throw it out on your way out of the classroom.
11. I do not give warnings. This is your warning. If you choose to break these rules, you get a 15-minute detention to be served the next school day (your parent will be notified). There may be other consequences, too, such as copying the rules, ISS, parent conference, meeting with your Assistant Principal, etc.