From: Mr. Harris and Mrs. Ebert
Re: Awards Day, Graduation Practice, and Graduation
Maintaining Your Cap and Gown:
· Seniors report to the PAC at 8:20 to view the senior slideshow. Only seniors and faculty will be admitted to the PAC.
· Parents, family, and guests are invited to attend the Awards Ceremony in the New Gym.
· Parking will be a problem, so allow time to find a space.
Student Dress Requirements for Awards Day and Graduation
1. Awards Day: Wear an ironed dress shirt.
Wear ironed dress pants (khaki, blue, or black).
Wear dress shoes.
2. Graduation: Wear a white, long sleeved dress shirt with a collar and a regular tie—not a bow tie or
Wear ironed, dark dress pants.
Wear dark dress shoes with dark socks.
1. Awards Day and Graduation: Wear a dress or long pants and blouse that meet the dress code.
2. Awards Day and Graduation: Wear shoes that have a back strap or an enclosed heel.
3. Graduation: Dresses should be knee length—it should show below the zipper but not below the bottom of the gown.
Do Not Wear tennis shoes, flip flops, Birkenstocks, combat boots, boat shoes, jeans, or cargo pants.
Only NHS members are allowed to wear cords at graduation.
Arrival: Seniors report to assigned areas for the processional at 8:35. Find your area and group below.
Line A: Meet in the cafeteria. Line Leader: Benjamin Wu
T. Acker - A. Booth
A. Bovender - A. Collado
J. Collins - K. Doss
D. Dove - K. Fuller
R. Fulmer - K. Hauhuth
A. Hawkins - J. Jordan
Line B: Meet in the PAC. Line Leader: Helina Gan
E. Karnes - R. Long
J. Lopez - K. Molina Zepeda
J. Monk - N. Poplin
D. Prato - J. Shelton
J. Shepherd - B. Uhlig
E. Urbowicz - J. Yursich
· This will be a practice for graduation.
· Teachers and marshals will be there to help you line up alphabetically.
· Look for marshals holding signs with your group number and follow them.
· We will go to the New Gym in lines after the underclassmen and guests are settled.
· When you enter the gym, march slowly and spaced an arm’s length apart.
· Remain standing at your seat until directed to sit.
Recessional and Class Picture: After the ceremony, follow the lines and go to the stadium for the class picture. Class picture order forms will be passed out the week of Awards Day in English class or in the library. They are due on or before Awards Day. The cost of the picture varies from year to year, but plan on anywhere from $15 to $20. The order forms will indicate the price when they arrive. Checks should be made payable to Lifetouch Photography.
· ABSENCE: All seniors who expect to participate in the ceremony Saturday, June 9 must attend practice. At practice, teachers will check attendance, and absent students will not be able to participate in the graduation ceremony on June 9. If students have a legitimate reason for not attending, they must see Mr. Telford and Mr. Harris prior to June 1.
· TARDINESS: Students arriving after the processional will be placed at the end of the line for practice and graduation and will receive their diplomas last instead of in alphabetical order.
· Senior Parking: Mountain Dew Lot: Enter from Deacon Blvd. See the map. Teachers will guide students. Other outside doors should be locked. Students park here again for graduation.
· Line-up: Get in the same lines as Awards Day—teachers will assist you.
· Photography: Lifetouch Photography will be taking pictures during graduation. Students will be able to order the pictures online. You will get the information at practice.
· Seniors at Risk: Every effort will be made to notify seniors before practice if they are not eligible for graduation. You are not permitted to enter practice if you have been informed you will not graduate.
· Debts: All debts and obligations to the school must be met prior to graduation. Mrs. Stiller will accept only cash payments until June 8. No books, money, or uniforms will be accepted on graduation day. Avoid debts by turning in your books to your teachers. Do not just leave your book in a room and expect a teacher to find it and know it’s yours. Teachers are not responsible for finding your books.
· Summer School Graduates: If you do not graduate but expect to graduate after summer school, you will need your cap and gown for that ceremony.
Graduation: Saturday, June 9, LJVMC
Graduates Arrive: 8 AM Commencement Begins: 9 AM
A. Parking: Family and guests can park in the Pepsi Lot (see map).
B. Arrival: All doors into the Coliseum will remain locked until the previous graduation is over. Enter only through the main lobby entrance. Some of our faculty members will be stationed outside and inside to give directions. Tickets will not be issued for admission.
D. During the Ceremony: