Name: Cynthia (Cindi) Goins
Subject: Seventh Grade math Diplomat Team
Contact info: 703-4154 Planning time: 7:35 - 8:45 A.M.
What we have learned first quarter: The following are concepts/ideas students should have mastered.
1. Order of Operations
2. Integers- add, subtract, multiply, and divide
3. Algebraic Expressions- substitute a value for the variable and get an answer
4. Translating words into Algebraic Expressions- given a phrase or a sentence translate using appropriate variables and operators
5. Changing a decimal into a fraction or a mixed number written in lowest terms
6. Changing a fraction into a decimal
If your child does not feel confident in any of the above mentioned concepts, please let me know. One thing I can recommend is to do a search on Google or Yahoo, this should give you plenty of pages to look at.
Thanks for all you do to support your child's education. Together, we can help him/her reach his/her highest potential.