Enrolling your child in Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools
You will need to do the following:
- Determine your residential school by using School Locator. Proceed to the school with the required documents
- Participate in the Choice process (optional-click here for details).
- Your child's birth certificate. This is used to verify your child's age as well as proof that you are the parent. If you are not the child's parent, you must provide a court-ordered document that shows you have legal custody of the child. Your child must be 5 years old before or on August 31 of the year in which they wish to enroll.
- Proof of your address. This usually comes in the form of a utility statement with your name and address clearly matching. The address at which you are residing must match the statement address for services, not just the billing address. Lease documents and/or property closing documents may also be used.
- If you do not have any of the above for proof of address, please contact our office for further assistance.
- Immunization records for your child. If your child is new to the state of North Carolina or if they are beginning Kindergarten, you must provide immunization records that are up-to-date.