Name: PATRICIA WILLIAMS
Position: Hospital/Homebound Teacher, Exceptional Children, grades K - 12
2020 E. 12th Street
Winston Salem, NC 27101
Office phone: 727-2751
Cell phone: 462-1435
Interoffice mail: HHEC, Patricia Williams
Supervisor: Mrs. Peggy Dickey, 727-2751
NCWise Data Manager: Ms. Julia Shuler, 727-2751
My name is Patricia Williams. This is my 5th year as a Homebound Teacher and I love it. Previous to this, I taught a self contained classroom with students who have disabilities. My degree is in Exceptional Children. I have a passion for people with disabilities. I suspect this comes from having siblings with disabilities that I continue to work with and enjoy very much.
If you are reading this page, you probably have me as a teacher. It is helpful to me to have as much information about the student as possible from the family. Feel free to communicate, especially health issues and the ways your student learns. I want to incorporate this into my teaching for maximum performance.
Classroom Expectations: Please be prepared to work upon my arrival. Session times are preplanned with family members.Sessions must be accompanied by an adult. If this is not possible, the session is canceled and rescheduled.Sessions are usually 2 times weekly, 2 hours each visit totaling 4 hours weekly. Special arrangements can be made according to available time slots.Please try to make other appointments around our meeting times. If this cannot be avoided, rescheduling with me is available. If your student is sick or a family member is sick and I cannot come, please call me prior to my arrival. Remember that I visit other families and do not want to spread sickness so I will not attend sessions with sick students.If I am sick, I will call and reschedule.Meals should be eaten before or after lesson. Snacking and drinks are fine as needed.Work is collected from your student's home school and returned, usually weekly.Homework will be given and collected with each visit. Please allow time daily for homework to be done when I am not there.It is helpful to store school work and supplies in one area for easy access for student and teacher.Sessions are informal and as practical as I can make them.
- If there is a problem, let me know ASAP If we cannot work it out, we/you/I will talk to my supervisor, Mrs. Peggy Dickey. 336-727-2751
- Grading is done by his/her home school. I will review papers for accuracy and will correct with student as needed prior to turning papers in.
- IEP's - focus will be on IEP goals while working with your student and his work.
- I produce monthly progress summaries for student, parents, teachers, case managers and other specific people following the student's progress. These summaries are separate from the home school's report cards and progress notes.
- Your home school will produce report cards. If you are not receiving progress notes or report cards, please call the school or let me know.
- Each session, parents receive a summary from me of work for that session. It is signed by the adult present in the home which attests to my presence during the session.
- Attendance is reported to the school by me.
- An excused absence requires a written note from the parent or doctor stating he/she was sick or had an appointment.
- An unexcused absence can be a no-show or an absence without reason or an absence without a note, etc.
I look forward to working with you and your family. If you have questions or concerns, please call or email.